Website Development and Management
The World Wide Web is over twenty years old, and websites have evolved into the primary digital hub of virtually all organizations. Many websites, however, have not been updated to reflect current standards and best practices, which can be detrimental to an organization’s ability to meet its goals and objectives. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you know how much traffic your website gets, what pages people go to most, and how they get there?
- Does your website have a modern look and feel and sophisticated functionality? Is it text heavy or image rich? Is it well structured and easy to navigate?
- Is the site optimized for mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets?
- Does it have a fully integrated blog or other dynamic element?
- Can non-technical staff make simple site updates, or do you have to rely on a web manager to make all changes?
- Are you or your website manager able to upgrade and/or redesign some or all of the site relatively easily?
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, it may be time to upgrade your website. We can help. Approaching the project as a partner (versus acting as a “hired gun”) and emphasizing the latest tools and technologies, we strive to educate, empower, and emancipate our clients so they can maintain and optimize their own websites without having to rely exclusively on an external “webmaster.” The sites we help create are designed for ease of use and maintenance and are easily enhanced and upgradeable. Here are some recent examples:
Services and Fees
Our Website Development and Management services are customized for each client depending on their starting point, goals and objectives, resources, and the availability and skill levels of both internal and external resources. Working with your team, as well as other vendors and service providers as needed, we will create and/or update your website(s) using the WordPress content management system, including the incorporation of custom themes, widgets, and plugins. Simpler sites can be created using a hosted solution like SquareSpace, Weebly or Jimdo.
Because we deploy the latest tools and technologies, we are able to develop sites using a lean and agile approach that saves time and money (e.g., no complex specification document, no wireframes, no need for extensive testing across multiple browsers and devices). In addition, given our belief in education, empowerment, and emancipation, our objective is to design sites that clients can manage themselves, without having to rely on us for every change (even minor ones). Project activities typically include:
- Assessing current website(s) from both design and technical perspectives
- Discussing options and determining the best course of action for upgrading the site(s)
- Reviewing themes and other design considerations to determine the new look and feel
- Building the new site(s) by reproducing current pages/content, adding new pages and features as requested, and creating efficient and visitor-friendly navigation
- Providing staff with training to ensure they have the necessary knowledge and skills to maintain the content of various web pages efficiently and effectively
After the new site is live, we offer ongoing technical maintenance for WordPress based sites to ensure the software remains current. We can also provide ongoing support for site design and content for all sites, either in a hands-on capacity or via digital coaching.
Fees are usually specified as fixed rates based on the scope and complexity of the design project, with annual maintenance fees for ongoing support. All services can be provided remotely.
This service can be provided independently or in conjunction with our Digital Optimization and Enhancement services.