Digital Engagement Audits and Benchmarking
Your organization has a website, has probably been building an email list for years, has set up an account on one or more social media platforms, and may even have a blog. But you probably doubt – or at least wonder – if you’ve developed and implemented a strong approach to engaging with key stakeholders via social and digital technologies. And perhaps more importantly, you’re unsure what you should do to expand and enhance your efforts without creating undue financial and other resource burdens.
You may have similar questions about the digital tools and technologies you’re leveraging internally. Is email usage as effective as it could/should be? Are you using the best possible tools (and operational procedures) to enhance communication and collaboration among employees, as well as with partners and other external stakeholders?
A comprehensive and thorough Digital Engagement Audit, supplemented by concrete, pragmatic recommendations, can help. Customized to meet your objectives and circumstances, our Digital Engagement Audit services include a review and assessment of how your organization is leveraging social and digital platforms and tools, either externally or internally (or both). In addition to identifying strengths and weaknesses, the resulting audit report can include a roadmap of potential improvements and future enhancements that can be made over both the short and longer terms.
Services and Fees
An Externally-focused Digital Engagement Audit typically includes:
- Conducting a high-level formal review of current digital presences and activity, including website(s), email, social media and other digital platforms and channels
- Assessing how the organization is leveraging and/or accommodating mobile technology, as well as digital engagement and management tools
- Documenting strengths and weaknesses of current engagement
- Reviewing how the organization and its brand(s) are represented in cyberspace
- Identifying additional channels and tools that could be leveraged, as well as other growth opportunities
An Internally-focused Digital Engagement Audit typically includes:
- Conducting a high-level formal review of current digital activity and related operational procedures, including email, social intranet and other communication and collaboration platforms and tools
- Assessing how the organization is leveraging and/or accommodating mobile technology, as well as cloud-based platforms and tools
- Documenting strengths and weaknesses of current usage and procedures
- Identifying additional platforms and tools that could be leveraged, as well as other growth opportunities
Fees are usually specified as fixed rates based on the complexity of an organization’s current digital engagement and the scope of the review. Once the terms are agreed upon, an externally-focused Digital Engagement Audit can be completed very quickly, usually in one to two weeks. Internally-focused audits may take a bit longer. The fee typically includes an audit report, detailed findings and client debrief.
Digital Engagement Benchmarking Assessments. In addition to uncertainty about the quality and effectiveness of their externally-focused digital engagement efforts from a best practices perspective, many organizations are also unaware of how their efforts compare to their peers and/or competitors – specifically, What platforms are they leveraging and how? What kinds of followership and engagement are they getting? What are they doing that we should be doing? What are we doing that we shouldn’t?
A Digital Engagement Benchmarking Assessment can help address these questions and more. It can identify how your organization compares to peers and competitors both in cyberspace in general and social media channels in particular. It can identify best practice approaches you can employ, as well as worst practices to avoid. It can identify both risks and opportunities for the organization as a whole, not just in terms of its digital engagement. And it can provide the foundation for developing a plan of action for continuous improvement.
Digital Engagement Benchmarking Assessments can incorporate the following activities for a select group (3-6) of comparison organizations:
- Conducting a high-level review of websites and social media accounts
- Assessing how they are leveraging and/or accommodating mobile technology
- Documenting strengths and weaknesses of their engagement and highlighting platforms that may be worth pursuing and practices that may be worth emulating
- Reviewing how the organizations and their brand(s) are represented in cyberspace
Fees are usually specified as fixed rates based on the number of comparison organizations and the complexity of their digital engagement and footprints. Once the terms are agreed upon, Digital Engagement Benchmarking Assessments can be completed fairly quickly, usually in two to three weeks. The fee typically includes a summary report and recommendations, detailed findings and client debrief.